Yesterday I upgraded merb to 1.0 and I got in some trouble that I solved pretty fast. Last night I started an empty application an got trouble again, but this time for real. I did a fresh install (removed all merb gems and datamapper gems). I generated a fresh merb app with merb-gen but i could not get it to work and all i got from merb was empty replies.

In this post I will try to describe the steps I took to track the problem down and how I solved it.
Read More…

Posted in Merb, Programming, Ruby at November 16th, 2008. 6 Comments
Tagged with , , . Written by:

Today i thought that i should give the new merb release a try. When updating my merb gems i got the following message.

1
2
3
4
5
6
> sudo gem update
Password:
Updating installed gems
Updating merb
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    merb-core requires RubyGems version >= 1.3.0

This post is how i solved my problem updating RubyGems to 1.3.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.5

Read More…

Posted in Merb, Ruby at November 14th, 2008. 2 Comments
Tagged with , , . Written by:

It's past my bedtime is using WP-Gravatar