Just released a new version of capistrano_colors. This is a total rewrite from the last version. This post show some of the bigger changes.
Read More…

Posted in gems, Programming, Projects, Rails, Ruby at January 4th, 2009. No Comments
Tagged with , , , , , . Written by:

I got so tired of all the messy capistrano output so today I released my first public gem.

The name of the gem is capistrano_colors and the aim of the gem is to put some nice and shiny colors on capistrano output. The gem has only been tested with rails but should work wherever capistrano works.

Keep on reading to see some screenshots!
Read More…

Posted in gems, Programming, Projects, Ruby at December 21st, 2008. 6 Comments
Tagged with , , , , . Written by:

Today I got the chance to give Ruby Enterprise Edition a try. We are currently working with a really fun new environment and you do not get better opportunities to try new stuff as when you have a complete new environment thats not in production. So we gave REE a shoot. When compiling REE with got in trouble really fast and this post is about the quick fix to solve it and some of our early performance results.

Read More…

Posted in Hosting, Programming, Rails at December 15th, 2008. 9 Comments
Tagged with , , , , . Written by:

Yesterday I upgraded merb to 1.0 and I got in some trouble that I solved pretty fast. Last night I started an empty application an got trouble again, but this time for real. I did a fresh install (removed all merb gems and datamapper gems). I generated a fresh merb app with merb-gen but i could not get it to work and all i got from merb was empty replies.

In this post I will try to describe the steps I took to track the problem down and how I solved it.
Read More…

Posted in Merb, Programming, Ruby at November 16th, 2008. 6 Comments
Tagged with , , . Written by:

Today i thought that i should give the new merb release a try. When updating my merb gems i got the following message.

1
2
3
4
5
6
> sudo gem update
Password:
Updating installed gems
Updating merb
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    merb-core requires RubyGems version >= 1.3.0

This post is how i solved my problem updating RubyGems to 1.3.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.5

Read More…

Posted in Merb, Ruby at November 14th, 2008. 2 Comments
Tagged with , , . Written by:

Yesterday i was updating all my ruby gems. During the update a got disturbed by something so i did not pay attention what gems got updated.

This morning i found my current app not starting up.

This is how i solved it

Read More…

Posted in Ruby at May 13th, 2008. 4 Comments
Tagged with , . Written by:

It's past my bedtime is using WP-Gravatar